Available NOW at all digital retailers and HERE on CD! This is our musical tribute to the Belle of Louisville- the oldest operating steamboat in the United States and one our city's most beloved landmarks.
In October 2014 the Belle celebrated her 100th birthday! To commemorate this once in a lifetime occasion, Waterfront Park hosted over 200,000 friends from around the world for the Centennial Festival of Riverboats, and sonaBLAST! joined in on the fun!
sonaBLAST! Records has curated a “concept" compilation CD entitled “Belle 100: Steamboat Songs” to help celebrate our esteemed riverboat’s landmark centennial anniversary. The CD, available physically and digitally, features 13 tracks that celebrate, in one way or another, riverboat culture, the unique heritage of the Ohio River, and the spirit of Louisville. We’re proud to have the diverse artist contributors listed below.
All profits from CD sales will benefit the Belle of Louisville ’s endowment fund. Taxpayers presently subsidize the Belle yearly to the calliope tune of over $100,000 so any donations to the endowment are truly a gift to the community.
1. “Love You Like A River” Kyle James Hauser
2. “Steamboat Honey” Teneia
3. “I’ll Be On My Way” The Bibelhauser Brothers
4. “Around The Bend” The Pass
5. “Upstream Downstream” Steve Cooley
6. “Riverside” Leigh Ann Yost
7. “Holy Roller” The Instruction
8. “Life Is A River” Beady
9. “Dreamboat” The Ladybirds
10. “On The Avalon” Brigid Kaelin
11. “Last Ones In” Nerves Junior
12. “The Ghost of The Belle of Louisville” Roy Ruiz Clayton
13. “Paddle Wheel” Steve Cooley